The Ultimate Guide to Poison-type Pokémon
Poison-type Pokémon are some of the most interesting and unique creatures in the Pokémon universe. Known for their toxic abilities and deadly attacks, these Pokémon are a force to be reckoned with. In this guide, we will explore everything you need to know about Poison-type Pokémon, from their strengths and weaknesses to their evolution and movesets.
What Are Poison-Type Pokémon?
Poison-type Pokémon is a type of elemental creature that is known for its ability to poison other creatures. These Pokémon are typically found in urban areas and can be identified by their purple color and sludgy appearance. Poison-type moves are also some of the most effective in the game, making Poison-type Pokémon a favorite of many trainers.
Strengths of Poison-Type Pokémon
Poison-type Pokémon have a number of strengths that make them a valuable addition to any team. Here are just a few of the advantages of using Poison-type Pokémon:
- They are immune to Poison-type moves and can’t be poisoned.
- They are strong against Grass-type and Fairy-type Pokémon.
- They can use Toxic to slowly wear down their opponents over time.
- They have access to a number of powerful moves, including Sludge Bomb and Poison Jab.
Weaknesses of Poison-Type Pokémon
While Poison-type Pokémon have many strengths, they also have a few weaknesses that can make them vulnerable in battle. Here are some of the disadvantages of using Poison-type Pokémon:
- They are weak against Psychic-type and Ground-type moves.
- They are vulnerable to Steel-type Pokémon, which are immune to Poison-type moves.
- They have a limited pool of offensive moves compared to other types.
Notable Moves and Abilities
Poison-type Pokémon are known for their toxic attacks and ability to inflict status conditions on opposing Pokémon. Some of their most notable moves include:
- Toxic: This move poisons the target and causes them to take increasing amounts of damage over time.
- Poison Jab: This move has a high chance of poisoning the target and can deal solid damage.
- Sludge Bomb: This move deals heavy damage and has a chance of poisoning the target.
In addition to their moves, Poison-type Pokémon also have several notable abilities that can be useful in battles. Some of these abilities include:
- Poison Point: This ability has a chance of poisoning any Pokémon that makes physical contact with the user.
- Corrosion: This ability allows Poison-type moves to affect Steel-type Pokémon, which are normally immune to Poison-type attacks.
The Top Poison-Type Pokémon to Use
If you’re looking to build a team of Poison-type Pokémon, there are several top picks to consider. Some of the most popular and powerful Poison-type Pokémon include:
- Gengar: A Ghost/Poison-type Pokémon with high Special Attack and Speed stats
- Toxapex: A Water/Poison-type Pokémon with high Defense and Special Defense stats, and access to Toxic Spikes, a move that lays down hazards that poison opposing Pokémon.
- Salazzle: A Fire/Poison-type Pokémon with high Special Attack and Speed stats, and access to Corrosive Gas, a move that poisons all opponents and can bypass their abilities.
- Nidoking: A Poison/Ground-type Pokémon with high Attack and Defense stats, and access to powerful moves like Earthquake and Poison Jab.
- Crobat: A Poison/Flying-type Pokémon with high Speed and access to moves like Toxic and Brave Bird.
When building a team of Poison-type Pokémon, it’s important to consider not just the individual strengths and weaknesses of each Pokémon, but also how they can complement each other in battle. For example, a Poison/Flying-type like Crobat can be paired with a Ground-type like Nidoking to cover each other’s weaknesses. Nidoking can take care of any Ground-type moves that would threaten Crobat, while Crobat can help take out any Grass or Fairy-type Pokémon that Nidoking may struggle against.
Another important factor to consider when building a team is the abilities of each Pokémon. For example, Toxapex’s Regenerator ability allows it to switch out and heal a portion of its HP, making it a great defensive pivot. Gengar’s Cursed Body ability has a chance of disabling the opponent’s move when it takes damage, making it a great disruptive force in battle.
In addition to their individual strengths, Poison-type Pokémon can also be a valuable asset in team-based battle formats like Doubles or VGC (Video Game Championships). In these formats, players must use a team of four or six Pokémon to battle against other players. Poison-type Pokémon can be especially useful in these formats because of their ability to spread status conditions like Poison or Bad Poison to multiple opponents.
Overall, Poison-type Pokémon are a diverse and powerful group of creatures that can be a valuable addition to any team. Whether you’re playing in a casual setting or competing in a high-stakes tournament, their unique strengths and abilities make them a force to be reckoned with. With the right strategy and a bit of luck, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a top Pokémon trainer.
If you want to get the exact locations of Pokemon in your area, check out our real-time interactive Pokemon map.
Shiny Eevee Evolution Guide: Catch, Train, and Dominate in Pokemon GO
In the vast world of Pokémon GO, Eevee is a special creature that can evolve into eight different forms, each with their own unique abilities and attributes. And if you’re lucky enough to catch a Shiny Eevee, you have the opportunity to evolve it into one of the most sought-after and rarest Pokémon in the game: the Shiny Umbreon.
Eevee, one of the most beloved Pokémon GO, has captured the hearts of fans worldwide with its adorable fox-like appearance and unique ability to evolve into eight different forms. Each of these evolutions, known as Eeveelutions, make players use to their advantage in battle. In Pokémon GO, players can obtain shiny versions of all eight Eeveelutions, adding a rare and beautiful touch to their collection.
Catching an Eevee in Pokémon GO – A Rare Encounter?
Eevee is a fairly common Pokémon in the game, but finding a shiny or high-level Eevee can be quite a challenge. Shiny Eevee is a rare and coveted find, and its unique coloring makes it a highly sought-after addition to any collection. In fact, the chance of encountering a shiny Eevee in the wild is only 1 in 450. So, if you’re on a mission to catch one, be prepared for a long and potentially frustrating search.
Remember that persistence pays off. Catching Eevee can be a challenge, but with the right techniques and a bit of luck, you’ll eventually catch one. Don’t get discouraged if it takes a while; just keep trying and enjoy the journey.
Mastering the Art of Finding Shiny Eevee in Pokémon GO
Are you a Pokémon GO trainer who can’t get enough of the lovable and versatile Shiny Eevee? With its potential to evolve into eight different types of Pokémon, it’s no wonder why Eevee is a fan favorite. But catching this furry friend in its original form can be quite a problem. Don’t worry, though—we’ve got all the tips and tricks you need to master the art of finding Eevee in Pokémon GO.
First and foremost, it’s important to know where to look. Eevee is a fairly common Pokémon in the game, but certain areas may have a higher concentration of them. Parks, waterfronts, and residential areas are all good places to start. Eevee can also be found in different weather conditions; for example, it’s more likely to appear on sunny days. So, make sure you pay attention to the weather in your area when searching for Eevee.
If you’re really serious about finding Eevee, consider using lures and incense. These items can be purchased from the in-game shop and will increase the number of Pokémon that appear in your vicinity. Using a lure or incense while in a park or other location with a high concentration of Eevee can greatly increase your chances of finding one.
Another way to increase your odds of catching Eevee is by taking part in special events. These events are designed to give trainers an increased chance of encountering specific Pokémon, including Eevee. During these events, the odds of finding Eevee are significantly boosted. So, keep an eye on the in-game announcements and make sure you don’t miss out on any upcoming events.
When it comes to catching Eevee, it’s also important to use the right techniques. Make sure you’re throwing your Poké Balls accurately and timing your throws correctly. If you’re struggling to catch Eevee, consider using a Razz Berry to make it easier. You can also use a more powerful Poké Ball, such as an Ultra Ball, to increase your chances of success.
Once you’ve caught your Eevee, the next step is to decide on its evolution. Shiny Eevee has eight possible evolutions, each with its own unique strengths and weaknesses. Some evolutions require specific items, such as the Thunder Stone or the Water Stone, while others require Eevee to have certain stats or be in a specific location. Take some time to research the different evolutions and decide which one best suits your playstyle and team.
Evolving Your Shiny Eevee in Pokémon GO: A Step-by-Step Guide
If you’ve been lucky enough to catch a shiny Eevee in Pokémon GO, congratulations! Now it’s time to take it to the next level and evolve it into one of its eight possible evolutions. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to evolve your shiny Eevee and give you some tips along the way.
Step 1: Choose Your Evolution
Before you can evolve your shiny Eevee, you’ll need to decide which evolution you want to go for. This is important because each evolution requires a different method of evolution. The eight possible Eevee evolutions are:
Vaporeon (Water type)
Jolteon (Electric type)
Flareon (Fire type)
Espeon (Psychic type)
Umbreon (Dark type)
Leafeon (Grass type)
Glaceon (Ice type)
Sylveon (Fairy type)
Step 2: Get Enough Candy
Once you’ve decided which evolution you want to go for, you’ll need to get enough candy to evolve your shiny Eevee. You can get Eevee candy by catching Eevee or transferring Eevee to the Professor. You can also get Eevee candy by walking with your Eevee as your buddy Pokémon; this will earn you candy for every kilometer you walk.
Different evolutions require different amounts of candy. Here’s a breakdown of how much candy you’ll need for each evolution:
Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, and Umbreon: 25 candies
Leafeon and Glaceon: 25 candies and a special lure module.
Sylveon: 70 candies and an affection level of 2 hearts.
Step 3: Evolve Your Shiny Eevee
Once you have enough candy, it’s time to evolve your shiny Eevee. To do this, go to your Pokémon list and select your shiny Eevee. Then, tap the “Evolve” button and confirm that you want to evolve it. Voila! Your shiny Eevee has now evolved into its chosen evolution.
Step 4: Additional Tips
There are a few additional tips to keep in mind when evolving your shiny Eevee:
If you want to evolve your Eevee into Espeon or Umbreon, you’ll need to follow a specific method. For Espeon, you’ll need to evolve your Eevee during the day while it has been your buddy Pokémon for at least 10 kilometers and has earned 2 hearts of affection. For Umbreon, you’ll need to evolve your Eevee at night under the same conditions.
If you want to evolve your Eevee into a Leafeon or Glaceon, you’ll need to use a special lure module. The Glacial Lure Module will evolve your Eevee into Glaceon, while the Mossy Lure Module will evolve your Eevee into Leafeon.
To evolve your Eevee into Sylveon, you’ll need to earn 70 candies and have an affection level of 2 hearts. You can increase your Eevee’s affection level by feeding it berries, taking photos with it, and battling with it in gyms.
Evolving your shiny Eevee in Pokémon GO is a fun and exciting process. Follow these steps and tips to ensure a successful evolution, and enjoy watching your shiny Eevee transform into a powerful and beautiful Pokémon.
From Shiny Eevee to Umbreon: Pokémon GO Eeveelution in Ranking Order
Shiny Eevee, the adorable and versatile Pokémon, can evolve into a variety of powerful Eeveelutions, including the elusive Umbreon. It is known for its ability to evolve into different types of Pokémon depending on various factors. It has been a fan favorite since its debut in the first generation of Pokémon games. But with so many Eeveelutions to choose from, how do you know which one to evolve your Shiny Eevee into? Well, fear not, for we have compiled a ranking order of all the Eeveelutions in Pokémon GO, from least to most powerful. Join us on this journey as we explore each Eeveelution’s strengths and weaknesses and determine which one reigns supreme in the world of Pokémon GO.
Let’s begin our journey with the least powerful Eeveelution and work our way up to the mighty Shiny Umbreon.
- Shiny Flareon: Shiny Flareon is a popular Eeveelution due to its fiery red color and high Attack stat. As a fire-type Pokémon, it is strong against grass-, ice-, bug-, and steel-type attacks. It has a high attack stat, which makes it a formidable opponent in battles. In addition, it can learn a variety of moves such as flamethrower, fire blast, and quick attack. Shiny Flareon can be obtained by evolving a shiny Eevee using a fire-type lure module or by evolving a regular Eevee with a Fire Stone.
- Shiny Leafeon: With its light green color and impressive defensive stats, Shiny Leafeon is a highly sought-after Eeveelution in Pokémon GO. As a grass-type Pokémon, it is strong against water-, ground-, and rock-type attacks. It has a high defense stat, which makes it a valuable asset in battle. In addition, it can learn a variety of moves such as Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, and Quick Attack. Shiny Leafeon can be obtained by using a Mossy Lure Module on a PokéStop and evolving a shiny Eevee while it’s within range of the PokéStop.
- Shiny Jolteon: Known for its lightning-fast speed and electric-type attacks, Shiny Jolteon is a fan favorite Eeveelution. As an electric-type Pokémon, it is strong against flying and water-type attacks. It has a high speed stat, which makes it a difficult opponent to take down. In addition, it can learn a variety of moves such as Thunderbolt, Thunder, and Pin Missile. Shiny Jolteon can be obtained by evolving a shiny Eevee using an electric-type lure module or by evolving a regular Eevee with a Thunder Stone.
- Shiny Vaporeon: As the only Eeveelution with a water type, Shiny Vaporeon is a powerful addition to any trainer’s collection. Its high HP and Special Attack stats make it a valuable asset in battles. As a water-type Pokémon, it is strong against fire-, ground-, and rock-type attacks. In addition, it can learn a variety of moves such as Aqua Tail, Hydro Pump, and Quick Attack. Shiny Vaporeon can be obtained by evolving a shiny Eevee using a water-type lure module or by evolving a regular Eevee with a Water Stone.
- Shiny Glaceon: Shiny Glaceon is a beautiful Eeveelution with a light blue color and ice-type attacks. As an Ice-type Pokémon, it is strong against Grass-, Ground-, Flying-, and Dragon-type attacks. It has high defense and special defense stats, which make it a great defensive option in battles. In addition, it can learn a variety of moves such as Ice Beam, Blizzard, and Quick Attack. Shiny Glaceon can be obtained by evolving a shiny Eevee using a Glacial Lure Module or by evolving a regular Eevee near an Ice Rock.
- Shiny Sylveon: As the newest Eeveelution, Shiny Sylveon has quickly become a fan favorite with its pink and white color scheme and fairy-type. As a fairy-type Pokémon, it is strong against dragon-type attacks. It has high special attack and special defense stats, which make it a valuable asset in battle. In addition, it can learn a variety of moves such as Moonblast, Hyper Voice, and Quick Attack.
Sylveon is a great addition to any Pokémon GO team, especially in battles against dragon-type and fighting-type Pokémon. Its moveset includes fairy-type moves such as Moonblast and Dazzling Gleam, as well as Quick Attack and Dig for quick and powerful attacks.
- Shiny Espeon: Espeon is a psychic-type Eeveelution that was introduced in Generation II of the main Pokémon series. In Pokémon GO, players can evolve their Eevee into Espeon by walking with it as their buddy Pokémon for 10 kilometers and then evolving it during the daytime. Shiny Espeon has a pale blue body with purple fur.
Espeon is a great Pokémon to have on your team in battles against Fighting- and Poison-type Pokémon. It has a variety of powerful psychic-type moves, including Psychic and Future Sight, as well as Shadow Ball and Swift for added versatility.
- Shiny Umbreon: Umbreon is a dark-type Eeveelution that was introduced in Generation II of the main Pokémon series. In Pokémon GO, players can evolve their Eevee into an Umbreon by walking with it as their buddy Pokémon for 10 kilometers and then evolving it during the night. Shiny Umbreon has a black body with yellow rings.
Shiny Umbreon is a strong addition to any Pokémon GO team, especially in battles against psychic-type and ghost-type Pokémon. Its moveset includes powerful Dark-type moves like Foul Play and Dark Pulse, as well as Last Resort and Psychic for added versatility.
Shiny Eevee and its evolutions are a significant part of the Pokémon world, and each evolution has unique strengths and movesets that make them powerful in battle. From the fiery Flareon to the mysterious Umbreon, every Eeveelution has something special to offer in Pokémon GO. Shiny variants of each Eeveelution also add a unique touch to each Pokémon, making them even more desirable for collectors and trainers alike.
With this guide, you now have a better understanding of all the Eevee evolutions in Pokémon GO and how to obtain them. Whether you want to battle against other trainers, complete your Pokédex, or just appreciate the cuteness of each Eeveelution, the possibilities are endless. Keep exploring the world of Pokémon GO, catch and evolve as many Eevees as you can, and become the ultimate Eevee trainer!